Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wonderful Williamsburg

Yesterday I headed to Williamsburg, VA to meet my college roomie, Jennifer, for the day. I was dumb and left my camera at home, so I don't have any of my own pictures from our girls day. Jennifer lives near Charlottesville and I'm in Chesapeake, so Williamsburg is half-way-ish for both of us.

We started the day off at Williamsburg Winery. We took a tour of the winery which ended with a tasting. Then we had lunch at the restaurant that's on the winery grounds. I had a yummy ham and turkey sandwich, and of course a glass of wine! After lunch we picked up a bottle to share when we got home.

Here's a picture I found online of the vineyard:




After lunch we headed to Prime Outlets Williamsburg for some serious shopping. If you've never been to the outlets - YOU SHOULD GO!!!! My favorite store is the Gap outlet, but I also love Coach (I've never bought a bag from the Coach outlet, I just drool over everything in the store). Anyways, I got a ton of stuff from the Gap including a skirt for FOURTEEN dollars! I also had some luck at LL Bean, Fossil, Ann Taylor, and Totes.

For dinner, we hit up Chilis (yummy!!!!). Then it was back to my house with Jennifer in tow. We had our our wine, watched some TV, and caught up. It was great! I haven't gotten to spend too much time with Jennifer since graduation, so I was really glad to get to spend some time with her. I have a feeling that we're going to have more of these girl get togethers!

No comments: