Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

My 30 Day Bender

For my birthday this year, my BFF, Meredith gave me the Bender ball. I was so excited to get this gift! I think Meredith was worried that she might be sending me a bad message by giving me some workout equipment for my birthday, but I don't think so at all!

Here are a couple of reasons why I loved getting the Bender ball:

1. I am just starting to be able to see some tone and definition in my abs, and I think that the Bender ball can really help me tone up my tummy - just in time for bathing suit season!

2. It is featured on an infomercial. And I love infomercials. I have the Magic Bullet food processor, gave my dad ShamWows! for father's day, and am really Jones-ing for Bare Essenstials (the mineral make-up)

Anyways, this is what came with the kit: the Bender ball and three dvd's filled with ab workouts, as shown below:



So I decided to use my Bender ball every day for 30 days, or My 30 day Bender. I took measurements and before photos so I'll have something to compare to at the end of the month.

I did my first day yesterday. The first level was just intro on how to use the ball. So I decided to also do the second level. I did feel my abs working deep down, but I wasn't sore the next day.

Today (day 2) I decided to skip levels one and two of the first dvd and just did level three. It was definitely a more difficult work-out. We'll see how my abs are feeling tomorrow!

So far I like it. The work-outs are short but feel like they are effective. The ones I've done are only about 5 minutes long. I still have 6 more work-outs that I haven't tried, so those might be a little longer. I like that you only need to take a few minutes out of your day to get a work-out.

I'm not exactly sure how well its working my abs yet. I do crunches at the gym, so its not like I'm all of a sudden working out my abs so they'd feel really sore. I have a feeling though that the other workouts are going to get harder and harder as they sculpt my back and core.

Bikini season here I come!

1 comment:

An Attractive Nuisance said...

I think the Bender ball works! My abs are sore today!