Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wedding Weekend!

The wedding weekend is here!  As I type, I'm sitting in the Charleston airport, sipping a glass of Pinot Grigio (I'm a nervous flyer and it helps...don't judge), and not caring that I'm going to be missing my evening class today (and I JUST got the wine...so its definitely not the wine talking).  I'm supposed to get home a little before midnight.  I took similar flights two weeks ago when I was home for Fall Break, so hopefully this flight will go as smoothly as that one.


I'm so excited for this weekend!  My friend Laura is marrying a great guy and I'm so honored that she asked me to be a part of their special day.  Laura is Meredith's younger sister so I've known her for forever.  I technically met Laura before I met Meredith.  We were assigned the same seat on the bus when I was in fourth grade and she was in third.  Granted we never spoke to each other, but I've known her for a long, long time.


I'm so happy for her and all of the wonderful things that I know are going to happen to her and David in the future!  I know its going to be a beautiful wedding; a great way to kick off what is surely going to be a beautiful life together.


On a significantly more selfish note, I reached my wedding weight loss goal!!!!  Actually, I BEAT my wedding weight loss goal!!!!  Only 2-3 pounds until I meet my Christmas goal, so now I'm reevaluating my Christmas goal.  I've got a new number in my mind, but it might be difficult/impossible considering Thanksgiving, exams, and Christmas cookies are on the horizon.  We shall see.


Anyway, here's to a great weekend and a great couple!  I'll update you with some excellent photos as soon as possible!  Better run, my flight's about to board!

No comments: