Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Carbs

If you've been reading this thing lately, you'll know that I was recently a bridesmaid in one of my best friends' wedding.  You will also know that I was fixated on losing weight before the big day - which I successfully did!  I attribute my recent weight loss success on a few things: lots of running, almost eliminating soda from my diet, and restricting the amount of carbs I was eating.  I'm mostly giving credit to my carb redux.


Since the wedding I have NOT been able to STOP eating carbs.  It's bad.  Real bad - I had TWO bagels this week.  I think after limiting something I so dearly love, I over did it a little bit.  And now, before the pounds start creeping back on, I need to regain control.  So I'm going to try something new: I'm going to plan out my meals for the next five days, and I'm going to share it with you.  


Now some of the blogs that I follow insert tables into their blogs, but I have no idea how to do that, and I don't have the patience to try to learn right now.  Also I eat practically the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch, so dinner is really the only thing that changes.


So for breakfast: 1/2 cup of Fiber One Cereal with 1/2 cup of skim milk and lots of coffee
Lunch: Salad (lettuce with some protein and lite salad dressing), string cheese, Fiber One yogurt, baby carrots,  and grapes
Snack: An apple


Tonight for dinner I'm making a recipe I found on Pinterest - Creamy Cajun Chicken (don't worry, I'm lightening it up).
I'll eat that until I run out of leftovers (probably Tuesday or Wednesday).
Then I'll have scrambled eggs with some toast for dinner.
Friday night I usually let myself eat something that's a little more "fun" so that meal slot stays open.


I'll check back in next weekend to see how I did staying "on track."

No comments: