Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What blogging means to me

So yesterday I had a rare moment of free time and I posted a blog entry.  And I felt FANTASTIC!  


It got me thinking about blogging in general and what blogging means to me, and I've pretty much decided that its pretty important for me to blog and blog often.  Not because I'm deluded and think I have tons of people following me.  Or because I think people are necessarily interested in whatever I have to say about whatever's on my mind.  


But I need to do it for me.  


I have been absolutely LOVING law school (I mean as much as you can love anything you spend 18 hours a day working on while continuously feeling somewhat behind and lost and unsure of).  And I have been loving living in Charleston (seriously, its a great town...come visit, I'll take you out to lunch and then return promptly to the library in order to get my 18 hours in for the day).  


But one thing that I haven't been super crazy about is that I hardly know anyone here.  Don't get me wrong: I have met some awesome people.  And I've made some awesome friends.  But I don't know any of them well enough to let all of my crazy out.


Which is why I even have my blog in the first place.  Its where I can vent and relax and just be myself.  Its the one place on earth where I can rant and rave and not really care if people reading think that I'm overly whiney.  


I'd love to be able to promise that I'll blog everyday or even three times a week, but I know that's a lie.  I won't even try to promise that it won't be about law school, because I have a feeling that one day soon I'll be venting my frustrations with personal jurisdiction theories.  But here's a promise I can live with: I'll blog as often as I can, even if its just a sentence or two.


You know just enough to keep me grounded.  And from going totally crazy in Charleston.

No comments: