Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Weekly Weigh In

Tonight was my Weight Watchers weigh-in, and what a weigh in it was!

I lost 1.6 pounds!!!!

Tonight was a really important loss for three reasons. First, I reached my 10%. For anyone who doesn't know, 10% when you're on Weight Watchers is a big deal. When you first join, they calculate 10% of your joining weight, when you lose that amount you get a snazzy key chain (I'll try to get a picture up soon!). More importantly, you significantly reduce your risk of high cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and certain types of cancer. All good things!

The second good thing is that I FINALLY got out of the weight decade that I've been stuck in, since, like ummmm last January! (weight decade as in 120's, 130's, etc.) Also really big (third big thing!) is that, I am officially where I was before I went to college. So all of the college weight is gone!

I guess I've had a big non-scale victory as well. I am starting to feel really, really good. I have a lot more energy and am feeling pretty addicted to exercise right now. More importantly, I'm starting to feel confident as in I'm actually starting to feel pretty, I don't know if I've ever really felt that way before.

On a side note, I'd really, really love to weigh less for my brother, Matthew's high school graduation than I did at mine. I'm four or five pounds away from being at that point, but hopefully I'll be able to get there in the next ten weeks or so.

Finally, I feel like I have much more realistic expectations in regard to my weight loss as well (ok, apparently there are a lot of things that are going well right now weight-loss wise). Not only is my goal for Matthew's graduation more realistic than a goal I would have set for myself a year ago, but there are other things too. I looked at myself honestly in the mirror the other day. And I realized that no, this will not be a "bikini body" summer, and it more than likely won't be a "short shorts" summer either, but my arms are starting to look damn good if I may say so myself (thanks to my weight lifting). So this summer might just be a sleeveless summer for me!

I may be a work in progress, but its a positive work in progress! I'll be there before I know it!

Whoops! I forgot to give you guys the full update!
Weight Loss this week: 1.6
Total weight loss: 19.2

No comments: