Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Things

I wish the week went by as fast as the weekend does!  Even though I was off for three days, this weekend FLEW by! 
Here are a couple of highlights from the weekend:

Friday afternoon my mom and I went to see J-Lo's new movie The Back-Up Plan.  I liked it.  It was cute and not quite your typical chick flick.  And J-Lo is gorgeous.  I want her hair style in this movie.  And her clothes.  And her butt. 




Friday afternoon I also went and got a pedicure with my buddy Laura.  It was a late birthday present for her.  My toes are now a lovely coral color - also one that I cannot remember the name of!  Here's hoping I'll be able to find it again!

Friday night (gosh I was busy on Friday!) I went out with my BFF Meredith and her hubby Garrett.  They are currently on a quest to eat their way through Ghent.  This is a quest that I fully support, especially if they continue to invite me to help them out!  Ghent is a really cute, historic, artsy, trendy neighborhood in Norfolk:



 We ate at this place Cogan's Pizza - which has both good pizza and good beer!  


Saturday I missed the Kentucky Derby.  Fail.  One day, I will go to the Derby and I will wear a hat that looks something like this:


  
And it will look fantastic.  I look wonderful in hats - I have hattitude, if you will.  What can I say?  Its a gift.

 

On Sunday I decided to get some sun.  I decided to go to the pool at the YMCA.  As I was putting on my bathing suit from last year, I realized that I desperately needed a new suit - the bottoms of my old ones were literally FALLING DOWN!!!!!!  Its one thing if your pants are a little big, its entirely another when its your bathing suit!  I had to change just so I wasn't mooning the entire Great Bridge/Hickory YMCA.  VICTORY!


Later, I went to the stores with my mom.  I bought ANOTHER pair of shoes.  I think I have a problem.  I can't decide if its just shoe-aholic-ness or shop-aholic-ness.  


And I KNOW I have a problem when it comes to frozen yogurt.  The newest place, The Skinny Dip is to die for.  I may or may not have eaten there at least 4 times since it opened 10 days ago.


And that was my crazy weekend.  Food, spa treatments, movies, friends, beer, and pizza.  What else could a girl ask for?

No comments: