Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Book Review: The Help

In a nutshell: GO READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!  



This was an amazing read.  I couldn't put it down.  I sacrificed sleep to read.  I would wake up in the middle of the night thinking about it.  I would get excited for my lunch at work, not so I could eat but so I could read.

Yeah, it was that good.

I don't want to give too much away but here's a brief and basic book blurb (say that three times fast).  This book is about black maids in Jackson Mississippi in the early 1960's, right on the cusp of the Civil Rights Movement.  It really follows three women: two maids Aibeleen and Minny and recent college grad, white "Miss Skeeter."  

Not only was the plot really interesting and intriguing, but the book had such a wonderful message about life and love and what's really the difference between people regardless of race and gender.

That's really all I want to tell you about it, I really don't want to give anything away.  Go to Barnes & Noble and buy it.  Or go to your local library and borrow it.  Or find a friend who read it and loved it and borrow their copy.

Like now....go get going!  READ IT!  You'll love it!  I promise!

No comments: