Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

This Weekend

This weekend was my fall break and EXACTLY what I needed.  As anyone who's been reading this recently knows, I've been pretty homesick and was able to get home for the long weekend.  It was so nice to be away from Charleston, law school, and stress.  And even though I did significantly less work than I should have,  I feel like I reclaimed a little piece of my soul over the weekend.


I headed home Wednesday night.  My flight didn't land until close to midnight, so by the time I got home, it was close to 1 and I was TIRED!  I spent the next two days with my family.  Isn't it great how just a little family time can make you feel so loved and needed?  After doing nothing but homework for 2 months, I needed my mom and dad to just dote on me for a while.


Saturday was kind of a crazy day.  In the morning I got up and went with a friend to the Broken Egg Bistro.  I had never been there before, but I sure am going to go back!  If you are ever in the Hampton Roads area and are looking for a great place for breakfast, check them out.  Here is their website.


After breakfast I did some homework, went for a run, and got ready for the weekend's main event - my friend Laura's bachelorette party!!!  First we went out for Mexican (I had a jumbo margarita and quickly forgot that I wanted to document the whole party).  After that we did a scavenger hunt.  In all of the years that I have lived in Chesapeake, I have never had more fun.  This scavenger hunt included tasks like "purchase red lipstick and take a picture of your whole team wearing it."


three of us look like trollops...Meredith looks amazingly good in that shade

After the scavenger hunt, we headed to the bowling alley for some midnight bowling and then it was back to a slumber party.  It was a GREAT night.  Thanks to Ginny for putting together such an awesome night.  I was so glad to get to see all of my friends, I can't wait to see them all again in about 9 days for the wedding!!!



No comments: