Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

October

So I know my last post was a little Debbie-Downer-ish.  And for that I apologize.  For some reason, the month of October always makes me more than a little homesick.  By the time it's October, I've been away from home for two months, which means that I already miss my family and friends and my non-law school life.  But it gets a little worse than that.  There are a lot of important things in my life that go on in October, and being 500 miles from home doesn't help.


My mom's birthday is on the third, my best friend's birthday is on the tenth, my dog's birthday is on the thirty-first.  In Virginia, the weather is cool and the leaves are starting to change to crisp oranges, yellows, and reds.  In the early morning and at night, it's cool enough to need a jacket or to break out the fall clothes.  It's the baseball playoff games that I watch with my dad.  It's the cool weather comfort food my family eats.  It's high school football games on Friday nights.  It's crisp cool air.  


I'm homesick.  But I am going home in less than two weeks.  So bear with me.  Over the next few weeks school is going to be CRA-ZY.  Life is going to be hectic.  But in two weeks from right now I'll have been home for more than 24 hours and life will be good.