Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What Doesn't Kill You Only Makes You Stronger...

...and  maybe a little crazier.  Its been a while since the last time I sat down to post, so you'll have to forgive me!  Even though its been a while, I have to let you know - my first year of law school???  Its OVER!!!!  I've been home in Virginia for the past week and, man, am I glad to be back in the Commonwealth!  I missed being home.


This year was tough.  Harder than it had to be in a lot ways.  


School was hard, but I knew it would be.  I studied more than I knew was possible.  I missed my family and friends.  I've never been so far away from home for so long before.  My living situation ranged from mildly irritating to overwhelmingly stressful, I wasn't expecting that one.  However, in the interest of maintaining journalistic standards, I won't say much more about it because I'm not offering this platform to the other side.  The one last thing I'll say is this: I'm generally easy to live with but I know not always.  I'm particular and never speak up when something is bothering me.  So I know at least part of it is my fault for not vocalizing my complaints.


Anyway, I'm home.  Finally.  I'm working at a local law firm for the summer (part time) and good old Raytheon part time as well.  As of right now, I'm only working at the law firm about 10 hours a week.  I'll start at Raytheon in the next couple of weeks.  Until then, ten hours a week is making me go crazy.  Its hard to go from 100/week to ten hours a week.  Usually I studied for ten hours a day, I have more free time than I know what to do with.


So for now, I have more time to write and read and enjoy.  Hope everyone's summer is off to an excellent start!!

No comments: