Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

1L

I swear to God, this is the year that will NEVER END!  Exams have been over for a week by now (whew!).  But school's not out for summer quite yet.  


After the first year, law schools hold their law review competitions to see who will make the law review board.  Its a big honor and a great credential to get to add to your resume.  Some schools hold the competition in the fall right before classes start, others (like Charleston) hold it right after exams are over.


So that's what I've been doing since Monday.  Working on law review material.  Its been miserable and incredibly hard to motivate myself to do.  Thankfully, its all over Monday at noon.  


I'm getting anxious to be COMPLETELY done with my first year.  I want to hand in the competition packet, pack up, and drive home.  I'm spending the summer back in VA and I couldn't be more excited about it.  I'm homesick and miss all of my family and friends.  I miss Virginia where there temperate temperatures, only one type of biting bug, and home-cooked meals.  


One more week.  One more week.

No comments: