Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Some Good News!

I had an appointment with the podiatrist this afternoon, and got a pretty good report.

My toe is still set well, which means that I won't need surgery.  Thank goodness.  I can start wearing a shoe again.  For the past two weeks I've been rocking one of these lovely numbers: 






So I'm pretty psyched about the fact that I can wear some of the cute summer shoes I bought this year (even if I have to wait a few more weeks before I can rock my heels/platforms again).


Plus I don't have to buddy wrap my big toe to my second toe anymore, so hopefully my second toe will be revitalized shortly.


There is some bad news.


My big toe will more than likely always be crooked.  So there goes my career as a toe model.  Which was, of course, my back-up plan for when my super modeling career started to fail.  What can you do?  As long as I can still wear nice shoes, I'll make my peace with my crooked toe.


The other badish thing is that I still can't really exercise for another week.  Let me tell you that I am losing my freaking mind and I am driving everyone around me crazy.  I've learned that regular exercise not only helps keep my weight down, it also keeps me from going crazy.

Against doctor's orders, I may or may not have gone swimming a couple of times.  I never kicked with my legs, so I wound up looking like a manatee with my legs dragging behind me.  I don't think I need to tell you that I am already pretty excited for the run I'm going to go on next Tuesday after I get the all-clear. 

 Aside from my restlessly tired and bored legs, I think everything is going to be ok.  And I don't think my legs are going to be happy until they've pounded out a mile or two on the pavement.


Until then!  Or not, but probably!

No comments: