Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Law School is like Middle School

Who knew that if you took a couple hundred academically successful with similar career goals and interests and stuck them in a room together it would turn into 6th grade?  I sure didn't.


There are actually a lot of reasons why law school is like middle school, but in the hopes of saving "material" for a later time, I'm only revealing one piece today.  So here it goes:


Law school is like middle school because in law school we have lockers.   Most days when I'm trying to open my locker at school it takes me a few times before I can open the darn thing.  I had a locker in high school, but its been a while. See by the time I was in high school, I was a locker veteran.  I could practically look at my locker and unlock it.  


So now when I'm in the locker room, I find myself embarrassingly struggling in a way I haven't done since I was 12.  


Opening my locker is only half the battle.  Once its open, I'm amazed at what I find in there.    
For example, yesterday I opened my locker to get a book and what did I find?  A pair of blue jeans.  Seriously, how did they find a home in my locker?!?!  But there they were.  Crammed in the bottom of my locker, keeping my lunch box company (more on that later).


I think I generally become absorbed in something and don't pay attention to other things going on in my life.  Which winds up with me putting things in strange places.  Or putting strange things in not so strange places.  Like my locker.


This is one law school/middle school similarity that I really like right now.  Law books are HEAVY.  And I have a bunch of them.  So having a place where I can drop them off in the morning on my way to class makes my day better and my back happier.  It's kind of like day care for my text books.  

No comments: