Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Adventures in South Cackalacky

I've now officially lived in South Carolina for exactly one week.  


It has been a crazy, crazy week.  At the risk of sounding really whiny and somewhat stupid, I'm going to say it: moving is hard!


I drove down last Friday with my parents.  I signed a lease and unloaded a van full of my stuff.  Then we unpacked all of that stuff and built furniture all weekend.  Luckily, my aunt lives less than a half an hour away, so we stayed at her place the entire weekend so we actually had beds to sleep in rather than just sleeping on the floor of my new apartment.


Since I've been in South Carolina:


I have spoken to my parents approximately 30 times.  They left Monday morning and they haven't called yet today.  They call a lot more frequently than they ever did when I was in college.  But feel free to infer what you will from that...


I got pulled over for the first time.  Sunday afternoon I took my dad into Charleston to see the school and we had lunch at a nearby restaurant.  As we were leaving I apparently ran a red light.  I say apparently, but I'm sure I really did.  One thing I've learned about Charleston is that the traffic lights are typically on the side of the street, not in plain sight (so if you're ever driving in Charleston, be careful and pay attention).  Anyways the cop was really nice and let me off with a warning because of my VA plates.  So thank you officer!






My cousin Kerry gave me a silly bandz....I would now fit in in middle school.






I have practically stopped eating healthy and exercising.  This is not good.  I NEED to find a Weight Watchers meeting and face the scale.  I know I'm going to be upset with how much weight I've gained in the past couple of weeks, but hopefully that will jumpstart my weight loss motivation.  I've come so far, I can't give up now.


I've had a lovely, lovely breakout of adult acne since I've moved down here.  I'm not sure if its because of the stress or the heat/sweat factor or the fact that I've eaten practically nothing besides grease since I've moved down here, but this is seriously the worst my face has looked since I was about 14.  I'm hoping beyond all hope that eating healthier will help it clear up, or at least that if I drink more water it will clear up, and clear up quickly.


Orientation starts tomorrow and I'm really excited about it.  I've always been kind of geeky and have always loved the first day of school.  I think it has something to do with all the new school supplies.  I'm also pretty psyched to meet all of my new classmates. 


oooohhhh

No comments: