Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It was like I Blinked...

...and summer was over!  Seriously...WHERE DID IT GO?!?!?!?


Before anyone who's a teacher bemoans me for shortening their summer break by 2 or 3 weeks, let me explain...today was my last day of work for the summer.  Monday I head back to Charleston.  I move into my apartment on Tuesday.  The following Monday?  Why, on the following Monday, school starts up again.


Seriously where did my summer go?


It was only yesterday when I had gotten home and had three weeks off before I started working.  I was bored.  Then I started working at the law firm.  And life was good.  Then I started working at Raytheon.  And life was good.  Then working 2 jobs caught up with me and life got hectic.  And then I blinked and now its August and am sitting in my room looking at a pile of clothes and books and shoes and bags and all of the materialistic things that I own trying to figure out how how I'm going to get it all back to Charleston (and also, how is it that my things seem to magically multiply when I store them?).


So what HAVE I done with my summer?  Well not that much.  I'm not saying that it wasn't a good summer, it was, but it wasn't the most eventful summer of my life.  But I'm alright with that.  I read a lot.  I saw a LOT of movies.  I spent a TON of time with friends.  All in all, not so bad, even if all of it took place in Chesapeake, VA.  


Now I know I've been super crappy at updating this thing.  And honestly, I don't really have a good reason.  Life kind of just got in the way, what can I say?  I've been thinking about any of you who still read this, and I've even been planning posts, but I've been having a hard time putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard).  But anyways, I'm back.  And, hopefully, here to stay.  Be on the lookout for some good stuff!

No comments: